Veterans Prostate Cancer Awareness (VPCa) is a registered non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives by promoting prostate cancer awareness, early detection, and providing solutions among Veterans, active-duty military, and all men.
Promote prostate cancer awareness among active duty military members and veterans.
Educate veterans on need to screen early and on proper care and treatment alternatives for prostate cancer.
Promote the latest technologies available for the treatment and cure of prostate cancer by Veteran Healthcare Administration providers.
Through education and awareness outreach efforts VPCa strives to:
- Promote early detection by emphasizing the importance of risk stratified screening in the Veteran population
- Equip Veterans with tools and resources to make informed healthcare decisions when faced with a Prostate Cancer diagnosis
- Improve access to specialty care services through the Veterans Health Administration Community Care Network
- Ensure Veterans have access to the most advanced Prostate Cancer treatment options available today
Veterans Prostate Cancer Awareness (VPCa) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization formed in December 2016. The organization was formed from the Founder & CEO personal experience and journey with prostate cancer and the Phoenix VA Hospital in 2014 and 2015. This year, 2021, VPCa is expanding its outreach activities and is focused on a campaign to provide prostate cancer resources to the Veteran Population.
The Goals of VPCa
- Promote prostate cancer awareness & early detection among Veterans & Active Duty Military members.
- Educate Veterans on proper care and available treatment options when faced with a prostate cancer diagnosis.
- Improve Veteran access to specialty and oncology healthcare services and therapies through the Veterans Choice Program, and VA’s Community Care Network.
- Become a resource for Veterans, not only for prostate health but other Men’s Health conditions and empower Vets to become their own health advocates.